If you follow me on Twitter then you will be well aware that I recently had a Shrinking Violet Body Wrap treatment at the multi-award winning Polish Nail and Beauty in Bridge of Don, Aberdeen. First of all I would like to rave about this salon because:
a) The staff are all really friendly and lovely (especially owner Sammy Grant)
b) The salon itself is spotless and a really welcoming environment
c) They offer a fantastic array of treatments at great prices
Here’s a little more from owner and multi-award winning nail artist, Sammy Grant:
“Known as Aberdeen’s hidden little gem, we pride ourselves on our unique salon experience and bringing back the true nature of excellent customer service. Our girls are all highly qualified in a large range of treatments. Our “New York” inspired salon is a welcoming environment for customers of all ages. Polish was created to bring the local beauty salon back into the social scene. Alot of our customers choose to come together in groups, we offer a large range of packages to suit. From mother and daughter pamper days to princess parties. Polish boasts a state of the art booking system and an ever expanding facebook page making it easy to make any appointment or have any queries answered. Here at Polish we are focused on creating a sanctuary to lose yourself and forget the outside world. Somewhere to come and indulge in a vast array of treatments that will leave you feeling invigorated and refreshed ready to take on the world, making sure you want to come back time and time again.”
I am usually quite cynical about quick-fixes regarding weight-loss (or rather the appearance of weight-loss) however after studying some before and after shots of Shrinking Violet clients…the temptation to see rapid inch-loss was too tempting to pass up.
Before I let you know what I thought of the treatment, here’s a little more about the Shrinking Violet Body Wrap:
“Shrinking Violet Body wrap is a painless, effortless process that can successfully remove fat in problem areas, such as thighs, buttocks and abdomen. The fat cells are broken down and easily excreted by the body”.
- The Shrinking Violet Body Wrap involves a 60 minute session which can shrink waistlines by up to 2 inches. The amount of fat reduction varies depending on your build, but many people may reduce by at least one whole size after the first treatment. After 24 hours, you will see the maximum effect.
- Your measurements are taken and recorded at various points on your body and marked slightly with a pink sharpie pen so the exact same measurement points are used after the treatment.
- You leave your underwear on whilst the soybean oil based treatment solution is applied to your whole body and also contains Grapeseed Oil, Jojoba Oil, Phosphatidylcholine, Lavender essential oil, Juniper essential oil, Cypress essential oil and juniper berries. You can choose to take your bra off if you would like to reduce the size of your chest. You are then tightly wrapped up in a cling-film like material.
- Once your whole body has been wrapped, you then lie on a treatment table and are covered by a thick blanket, leaving the treatment to work for an hour.
- The clingfilm-like material is then cut from your body, you are once again measured and you are advised to leave the treatment solution on your skin for as long as possible without showering – ideally for 24 hours.
The only side effect some people experience is a slight increase in urination for 1 to 2 days however I didn’t notice a difference. I had an event that night so I could only go without a shower for 6 hours after the treatment.
As much as I would just love to share before/after pictures of myself in my underwear, I decided against posting that for the whole internet population to see. However, what I will do is share the inch reduction figures with you!
- Directly after treatment: 7.5 inch reduction (a whole inch from my waist and also one from my midriff)
- 24 hours after treatment: 10 inch reduction
- 72 hours after treatment: 11.5 inch reduction
Above: Me feeling slim and trim at the ball with my lovely husband Chris just hours after having the body wrap.
Despite my initial cynicism towards these types of treatments, the numbers can’t lie and the fact is that I ended up with an 11.5 inch reduction across my whole body. Directly after the treatment I felt instantly slimmer and although this could have been due to being wrapped up tightly for an hour in cling-film, the sensation of being slimmer lasted for days afterwards.
I was shocked when I measured myself 24 hours and 72 hours after the treatment to discover that there had been a further reduction. I jumped on my body mass scales to check whether the loss was water-related and I can confirm that it wasn’t. Therefore, I can only conclude that this treatment does in fact work! It also made my skin feel amazing afterwards which must be due to all those oils. It also didn’t aggravate my Psoriasis which is a major plus.
Is it a long-term solution to weight-loss? No, but it IS great for instantly refining your silhouette for any of the following:
- A big event such as a wedding or ball
- To get your bikini body ready for a holiday
- Giving yourself the confidence and motivation to kick start a healthy eating plan with exercise
For the fat to come back, new cells have to form, which happens if a person continues to eat excess calories so you can’t go off and eat a load of junk food and expect to stay slim. So it’s really important to combine the Shrinking Violet with exercise and healthy eating for optimum results.
This treatment made me feel slimmer, more confident and gave me the motivation I needed to maintain a healthy eating regime afterwards. It gets a big thumbs up from me! I will definitely be going back for further treatments when I have a big event to attend.
You can book a Shrinking Violet Wrap at Polish Nail and Beauty salon here. They will be running a promotional offer from 6th – 12th May offering the Shrinking Violet Body Wrap for just £40! (normally £60)